View the Final Report
The mission of the Work Group is to provide the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors a Road Map, with an action-oriented framework and implementation plan, to scale alternatives to incarceration and diversion so care and services are provided first, and jail is a last resort.
On February 12, 2019, the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors passed a motion to create the Alternatives to Incarceration (ATI) Work Group. The ATI Work Group aims to achieve the following goals:
- Develop a vision, values, process and structure to guide the creation of a comprehensive plan to build a more effective justice system
- Utilize emerging data and recommendations from the range of studies and assessments currently being conducted to expand diversion and community treatment opportunities for justice-involved individuals
- Create a roadmap for expanding alternatives to incarceration and diversion while preserving public safety
- Analyze legislative and policy changes needed to advocate for the roadmap’s full implementation
- Coordinate with related efforts to ensure that they are aligned with the County’s goal of diverting people into treatment and not incarceration